Welcome to the Gorean Living chat room entrance.
Please read this entire page before entering the chat! Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.
This room is for discussion of bringing the philosophies found in John Norman's Gor series into real life and living what is generally referred to as a Gorean Lifestyle. ALL are welcome here and there is NO requirement to "choose your station" as on many channels. That said, if you do choose to identify as a Gorean slave, you will be expected to behave accordingly. Please see the rules for kajirae for details on what this means.
Otherwise, be yourself and participate as you will within the bounds of the rules and basic courtesy and respect for others, regardless of station.
It is recommended that if you are serious about learning about Gorean philosophy, you obtain and read the books. All of them. They are available through this website, as well as eBay, Half.com, Amazon and used bookstores if you get lucky.
**Asking for or offering illegal copies of the books in ANY form will result in being banned from this room and associated mailing lists and forums! This is your only warning! Do not do it!**
This chat room is for discussion of living a Gorean lifestyle OFFLINE. This means that, often, "mundane" talk of daily life are not off topic. This is Earth, not Gor, which can make for some interesting challenges for those of us trying to live as Goreans. That's what this room is for.
Some discussion of online/RP *as it pertains to real life/transitioning/etc.* will be tolerated. Please do, however, try and keep the discussion related to OFFLINE involvement, as that is the topic.
It is my hope that when given the oportunity to observe and participate in discussion without having to observe all of the usual protocol, learning will take place where it may not otherwise. Many may need to ease into this thing that we call Gor. I know I did! I was chased away for far longer than I wish I had been by the absence of any place to discuss without being forced to choose to be free or slave and behave as such. It is my intent that this be such a place.
Now on to the rules:
1. No one has to ask to enter, since, if you can post in the room, you already have entered. Slaves should beg to greet and chat, and also to be excused.
2. No one has to ask to "speak", type in 3rd person, or use capital or lowercase letters to denote status here. (well, maybe they do, but it's not a rule imposed by this room, so don't ask in here..Ask whomever you have to ask *smile*)
3. Do not T/type L/like T/this A/as I/it I/is V/very A/annoying A/and H/hard T/to R/read !/!, or use made up online "Gorean" languages on this list. It's not Gorean. At all.
4. Do give everyone in the room the respect any human deserves, regardless of station.
5. No role play. Period. This includes "entrances", "kneeling", online "serves" "moving to the furs/mats/whatever", online "collarings" and the like. This room is for open discussion of Gor and related stuff. If you want to RP, there are tons or rooms for that where you'll have more fun!
The best way to serve the free in an online venue is to be respectful, deferential, helpful and courteous, not pretending to "bring" them imaginary food and beverages and such.
6. While is is not necessary for the free to be exceptionally polite to slaves, unwarranted rudeness, harrassment or abuse of slaves is prohibited.
7. Slaves are NEVER required to give out their personal information (real name, location, phone number, email, IM, etc.) and are strongly advised to avoid doing so. Anyone who attempts to force a slave to give out personal information, will be immediately and permenantly banned!
8. Non-Goreans are welcome here, but anti-Gorean statements are not. If you don't like Goreans, stay out of Gorean chat rooms. Simple enough.
9. Debate is welcome as long as it remains polite and civil.
10. This is a public chat room, meaning it is open to the public, so if you want to have a private conversation, take it to a private venue. Any conversations happening in the GL chat room will be considered open conversations for anyone to participate in.
11. If no mods are present, any free person may attempt to enforce the rules and tell someone to leave if needed. Please remember that transcripts are being recorded and anyone abusing this privilege is risking being moderated.
12. Enjoy your stay. (Okay..So that's not really a rule..You can hate it if you like)
And, as stated in most of the other Gor related rooms, the rules are the rules. If you can't or won't abide by them, find a different room. It just so happens that most of the rules here are not "Gorean" rules. That's because, again..This room is for the DICCUSSION of Gor! Not acting it out.
**NOTE TO SLAVES/SUBMISSIVES AND THOSE WISHING TO BE SLAVES**
Although the generally accepted Gorean protocol is not required of non-Gorean slaves in this room, it would be wise to remember that your words, tone and manner of address will be noted by the free and will affect how you are viewed by many. If you aren't sure what is appropriate, PLEASE ASK! This is a place for learning in a safe environment and others will surely be happy to answer your questions. You are encouraged to also read the rules for kajirae to gain a better understanding of how slaves and submissives may be more pleasing to the free.
This page will continue to be updated as new issues are identified. Please check back regularly.
To be notified when changes are made to this page, click here.
By entering the chat room, you are stating that you have read and agree to abide by the rules on this page.